Brothers and Sisters:
The NASRCC Scholarship application is now available online at http://www.nasrcc.org/scholarship. Last year over $100,000 was awarded.
Who is eligible?
• Members in good standing and dependent children of members in good standing from any Local of the Council are eligible to apply. Children who are not legal dependents of a member are not eligible.
• Applicants must be enrolled in a post-high school program.
• College-level programs must consist of at least three courses of three credits each.
• Courses in technical or specialty schools such as automotive training or computer training can qualify if the program is at least six months in duration, is full-time, and awards a certificate or diploma.
• Students must have a “C” average to apply.
• Students can apply for a scholarship each year throughout their undergraduate years (not to exceed four years). The Committee will have the final say as to a particular student’s eligibility.
• Graduate students and students working toward a second bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
What is the Scholarship process?
• Students will need to complete the application online using a link posted on the webpage above. The application consists of several demographic questions, an essay of between 500-1000 words, and the following documents:
• Proof of college acceptance or proof of current student enrollment. A letter of college acceptance is required if you are a beginning freshman.
• Most recent high school or college transcript
• Note: Students must have all materials (essay, proof of college acceptance or enrollment, and a copy of their transcript) ready to upload before submitting their application.
When is it due?
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021. Anything received after this time will not be accepted.
When will the winners be announced?
Scholarship prizes will be awarded in early June. Winners of the top two prizes will be asked to read their essays at the June 2021 delegate meeting.
For further details, please go to the website or send your questions to applications@NASRCC.org.
Copyright © Carpenters Local Union 290. All rights reserved.